Incubated within UK education charity, Ark, the Education Partnerships Group (EPG) is an international not-for-profit consultancy that partners with governments to shape and strengthen their education systems. Our vision is that governments in low and middle-income countries are equipped to ensure that every child goes to school and learns. We believe that supporting government to design and implement contextually relevant and evidence-based public policy is the best way to drive sustainable progress toward achieving quality education for all.
POSITION: ASSOCIATE (Reports to Programme Manager)
EPG is looking for an exceptionally organised, highly motivated, and capable Associate with excellent communication and problem-solving skills to support EPG’s work in Ghana. The Associate will report directly to the Programme Manager and will be responsible for supporting project set-up, management and delivery, administration, and team coordination. The Associate will also support the Programme Manager to deliver project outputs such as stakeholder mapping, cultivating and maintaining trusted relationships with senior Ministry officials and other key stakeholders and will support in drafting key project outputs and reports.
The right candidate will be passionate about the role education plays in transforming lives and see this role as an opportunity to build their project delivery, programme management, and stakeholder engagement skill sets, which will ultimately have a positive impact on improving children’s learning in Ghana.
- Schedule all internal and external meetings – both in-person and remotely – attending meetings when required and taking detailed meeting minutes for external circulation
- Regularly update project documents including programme and project-level work plans, monitoring and learning frameworks, and reporting templates
- Support the Programme Manager to cultivate and maintain trusted relationships with senior Ministry officials across the MoE and other development and service delivery partners
- Support the Programme Manager in setting up an EPG office in Accra and fulfilling reporting requirements
- Liaise with MoE officials and development partners to set up meetings and interviews, as needed, taking detailed minutes when required
- Support the Programme Manager to collate relevant information on the education sector and policy development process to inform project set-up and work planning
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences (Law, Public Administration, Economics, Education or related field)
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with the professional use of the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- A commitment to improving education quality for all children
HOW TO APPLY
Apply with a CV and cover letter on the online recruitment portal.
Friday 13th May 2022
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.